Chapter 5: Who’s Who & What’s Where
There’ll be a lot going on at NADA100—and to see everything you want to see, it’s important to make a plan. It all starts with Carnival on January 26, and it won’t stop until the last person’s off Expo floor. But don’t worry; I’ve got you covered, and I won’t let you miss a thing. Here’s what you need to know and where you need to go:
- Kick it off with Carnival. If you’ve never visited Mardi Gras World, you need to make a point of going. This is the place where it’s Carnival every single day of the year! It’s where most of the world-famous Mardi Gras floats are built—and it just so happens to be the hot spot for NADA100’s Carnival, kicking off what’s expected to be one of the biggest and best NADA conventions yet. A year-round working warehouse, Mardi Gras World is a is just a stone’s throw from the Convention Center and located right on the Mississippi.
3 Reasons You Can’t Miss Carnival:
- Great entertainment! Foreigner, Cowboy Mouth, and local Jazz favorites will all be playing.
- At least 8,000 NADA attendees will be there, so it’s your chance to mingle with industry pros and kick the convention off in style.
- Delicious food! There’ll be plenty of good eats from top New Orleans restaurants.
Your NADA badge is your ticket to get in. Take the complimentary shuttle from your NADA official hotel to Mardi Gras World from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Catch the Keynotes. There’s a full line-up of great speakers planned to make sure your convention days are energized. Friday’s schedule includes Jeff Carlson, 2016 NADA Chairman; Jim Gaffigan, Comedian; and Mark Fields, President & CEO of Ford Motor Company. Saturday continues with Mark N. Scarpelli, incoming NADA Chairman; Roger Penske, Penske Corp. Chairman; Helio Castroneves, three-time Indianapolis 500 winner; and Keith E. Crain; and Editor-in-Chief at Automotive News, Autoweek, and Automobilewoche. Finally, world-class adaptive snowboarder Amy Purdy wraps things up on Sunday with her story of survival and beating the odds.
3 Reasons You Can’t Miss Them:
- They’ll all rev up your enthusiasm. From their drive to win in their individual sports to their determination to push to the top of their industries, they’ll all inspire you to get out there and find new ways of conquering the market.
- They’ve each made it to the top in their own fields; their commitment and energy represent what we all strive to achieve.
- They’re fearlessly leading the way in a changing marketplace, and they’re going to share their secrets with you.
- Catch my workshop. I’ll be presenting Learning to Love Complaints: Turning Feedback Into Success all three convention days:
Thursday, January 26 at 1:00 p.m. in Room 350
Friday, January 27 at 10:30 a.m. in Room 265
Saturday January 28 at 10:30 a.m. in Room 333
Guests will learn what it takes to succeed in today’s online, feedback-driven marketplace. Whether you’re dealing with a negative feedback situation or you want to drum up more interaction and feedback from your customers, I’ll give you the answers you need and make sure you’re heading in the right direction.
3 Reasons You Can’t Miss It:
- I’ll be sharing some of my @SocialLittleMan expertise to help you boost your dealership’s online reputation—so make sure you catch a session to get all the tips and tricks I have to share.
- I’ll tell you everything you need to know about dealing with negative feedback—including how to ensure every online consumer ends up seeing your dealership in a positive light.
- I’ll tell you how to enlist your employees to help you boost your online reputation AND extend your dealership’s online social reach.
- Party at AutoBash! Pick up your pass for the can’t-miss party of the year at AutoAlert’s NADA Booth #1455, but don’t wait too long, because these passes will fly out the door! Mix, mingle, and enjoy top-shelf drinks with industry professionals at Republic Nola. After a long day on the Convention floor, you won’t want to miss out on a night of true New Orleans entertainment in the historic downtown Warehouse District.
3 Reasons You Can’t Miss AutoBash:
- You’ll make valuable connections and enjoy downtime with your colleagues as you listen to great music and enjoy a great New Orleans night.
- Step back in time and party in a building that dates back to 1852. Originally used to store produce, Republic Nola shows off its rich history with vintage brick walls and crystal chandeliers.
- AutoBash is featuring the Spin Doctors, so get ready to sing along to Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong, Two Princes, and other great hits!
There’ll be plenty to keep you busy—from dawn to dusk (and even later)—at NADA100, so be sure you hit the highlights to get the most out of your stay. This year is a big one, both for NADA as it celebrates its 100th anniversary, and for AutoAlert as we introduce groundbreaking One-to-One Intelligent Marketing and Pando.
Keep following, and I’ll be sure you don’t miss a minute of the NADA100 experience!Keep following, and I’ll be sure you don’t miss a minute of the NADA100 experience! Click To Tweet