Technology and Personalization
Technology is a big deal—for consumers and for the businesses that cater to them—so it’s important to create an environment that fosters both innovation and personalization when interacting with your customers. Your dealership’s brand identity paints a picture for consumers, letting them know whether you’re fun or serious, daring or conservative, rugged or sophisticated. Whatever your dealership stands for, it’s important to let your customer experience shine and ensure consumers that they will get exactly what they expect.
By adding new technology and tools to your marketing strategy, you’ll be giving yourself a much easier and more efficient way of connecting with your customers on a deeper, more personal level. These relationships are essential when it comes to gaining trust, building loyalty, and earning positive word-of-mouth referrals. When you find the right balance, your messages to consumers will resonate and your brand will be more compelling—leaving you with sales that are headed steadily upward.
Customer Experience Wins the Day…and the Deal
Today’s consumers want to be noticed—and they want to know you appreciate them. They’ll be more inclined to choose your dealership when they feel valued—and a large part of the way shoppers feel about your dealership revolves around the customer experience. In a competitive marketplace where anyone can sell similar products, consumers turn to the way businesses make them feel when it’s time to decide where to spend their money. By taking time out to interact, engage with shoppers, and share your brand personality, you’ll be showing them your dealership is the right choice.
Personalize Each Shopper Experience
As stated by Ron Sela, “No matter how much technology advances, the triggers behind human behavior remain the same. With the right planning you can use psychology to increase conversions and improve your bottom line.”
In other words, it’s important your dealership displays its personal side by appealing to the connections and similarities it has with consumers. Keep the basics in mind as you lean into shoppers’ more emotional sides, and you’ll see positive results. Below are several ways to help increase your conversions by creating truly personalized experiences with your shoppers:
- Personalize the experience. People like to know you’re there to help them on an individual basis, so take the time to personalize your interactions and find out what matters to each customer. You’ll earn trust at the same time you provide them with the best options to meet their needs.
- Connect a face with your name. Give customers a person to look for when it comes time for them to visit your dealership. They’ll recognize you and feel connected if you make a point of building relationships via online platforms, emails, and other touchpoints. By humanizing your brand, you’ll build stronger relationships and retain more customers.
- Use the data you have. Your dealership has tons of customer data at its disposal, and when you leverage it to help you improve the dealership experience, you’ll be showing your dedication to your customers. Look at previous interactions customers have had with your dealership and be prepared to meet their needs based on their satisfaction level, buying patterns, and interests.
- Point out the wins. People like to win; they like to feel like they’re walking away with the best deal and the best vehicle. Let consumers know how they can win by choosing your dealership. Point out any incentives, deals, and specials you may have going on that will entice shoppers who are on the lookout for great deals. These incentives differ depending on buying situations, so the more you leverage your data, the better.
- Nurture your relationships. Building relationships with consumers online is a sure way to gain trust and ultimately sales. Remember, rather than pushing sales via your online platforms, offer up content that’s helpful, relevant, and entertaining. Your customers will enjoy the fact you’re taking time out to stay in touch and share with them.
Utilizing technology is a must in today’s car-buying and selling world, and a key benefit is knowing exactly how to use the latest tools to help you gain customer insights AND build relationships. Dealerships that have implemented AutoAlert’s One-to-One Intelligent Marketing platform are able to easily identify ownership and lifecycle milestones, allowing them to engage with every customer in a unique and individual manner to ensure they receive the right message with the right offer at exactly the right time. Comprehensive platforms like One-to-One Intelligent Marketing are helping dealerships build solid customer relationships and become unstoppable in the marketplace!...engage with every customer in a unique and individual manner... Click To Tweet
Latest posts by Kendall Billman (see all)
- Boost Sales by Getting Personal - January 11, 2017
- Options, Features, & Updates - December 14, 2016
- Your Innovative Dealership: 5 Changes to Make Right Now - November 28, 2016